- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
Masters of Sex Books Rose McIvor as Beau Bridges Daughter
Showtime’s period drama, Masters of Sex, is certainly going to be a series that draws the eyes of many viewers hoping to catch glimpses of gratuitous sex scenes, but some of us are more interested in story than the amount of fornication that goes on. The story of William Masters (Martin Sheen) and Virginia Johnson (Lizzy Caplan) is an interesting one and deserves to be well done. To do that it requires great actors to sell its material. Thankfully, the likes of Beau Bridges and Margo Martindale have come to the aid of this series and today we’re announcing the addition of Rose McIver to the cast.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, McIver will be playing the daughter of Bridge’s university chancellor, Barton Scully. The role is recurring, but beyond that I can’t say what sort of part she will have in the series. I’m assuming pretty much everyone will somehow be involved in the lives of Masters and Johnson, either as test subjects in their explorations of sexuality or as acquaintances and family. As sophisticated as this Masters of Sex might be with its casting choices, the fact is the subject matter heavily revolves around sex, so it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility to expect McIver to show a little skin.
Masters of Sex is based on Thomas Maier’s Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the Couple Who Taught America How to Love and is being directed by Oscar nominee John Madden. Production on the series will begin this March in New York, with the premiere date set for Sept. 29, pairing it up with the third season of Homeland as its lead-in. It will be interesting to see how well it does following Homeland since they are two very different shows. Will Homeland’s audience be at all interested in whatever Masters of Sex has to offer?