- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 47 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 54 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 57 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 60 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 61 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 69 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 76 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 97 days ago
Vampire Diaries Spinoff Wants to Go Flashing Back in Time
We’ve got more news regarding The Originals, the potential spinoff of The Vampire Diaries, coming at you hard and fast. I would love to say we’ve finally received confirmation of Claire Holt and Nathaniel Buzolic as series regulars, but today’s news has more to do with the structure of The Originals, as well as a bit of the story, but here’s hoping those casting announcements will come sooner rather than later. Unless their characters are going to be killed off before the backdoor pilot, which is set to air Thursday, April 25. On this show especially, anyone can die when you least expect it.
But even if that worst case scenario were to come about – I wouldn’t be pleased with a show called The Originals only featuring the two confirmed Original vampires, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) – there’s still plenty of room to fit in Holt and Buzolic as Rebekah and Kol respectively thanks to the use of flashbacks. According to Entertainment Weekly, executive producer Julie Plec wants to include regular flashbacks to decades – and even centuries – past. “It will be about both the contemporary [story] – where we are now and what we are up to – and also will flash back to show what the fuck happened to us to bring us to this moment,” said Gillies.
These flashbacks could explore New Orleans up through the early 20th century to when Klaus and the rest of his family left behind the settlement they helped create. As I’m sure you can imagine, with flashbacks we could easily squeeze in Rebekah and Kol regardless of their present day fates. There’s still the question of how frequently these flashbacks will be used. On Vampire Diaries, the occasional flashback is used, but it’s a frequent device used with every new episode. But that might be something The Originals wants to use, using a Lost-styled structure of shaping each episode around an appropriate flashback.