- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 3 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 4 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 4 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Vampire Diaries Spinoff Wants to Go Flashing Back in Time
We’ve got more news regarding The Originals, the potential spinoff of The Vampire Diaries, coming at you hard and fast. I would love to say we’ve finally received confirmation of Claire Holt and Nathaniel Buzolic as series regulars, but today’s news has more to do with the structure of The Originals, as well as a bit of the story, but here’s hoping those casting announcements will come sooner rather than later. Unless their characters are going to be killed off before the backdoor pilot, which is set to air Thursday, April 25. On this show especially, anyone can die when you least expect it.
But even if that worst case scenario were to come about – I wouldn’t be pleased with a show called The Originals only featuring the two confirmed Original vampires, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) – there’s still plenty of room to fit in Holt and Buzolic as Rebekah and Kol respectively thanks to the use of flashbacks. According to Entertainment Weekly, executive producer Julie Plec wants to include regular flashbacks to decades – and even centuries – past. “It will be about both the contemporary [story] – where we are now and what we are up to – and also will flash back to show what the fuck happened to us to bring us to this moment,” said Gillies.
These flashbacks could explore New Orleans up through the early 20th century to when Klaus and the rest of his family left behind the settlement they helped create. As I’m sure you can imagine, with flashbacks we could easily squeeze in Rebekah and Kol regardless of their present day fates. There’s still the question of how frequently these flashbacks will be used. On Vampire Diaries, the occasional flashback is used, but it’s a frequent device used with every new episode. But that might be something The Originals wants to use, using a Lost-styled structure of shaping each episode around an appropriate flashback.