- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 4 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4
Beware: the following opinion contained in this article might get a little… snippy. Game of Thrones, HBO’s flagship fantasy drama series, is an adaptation of the beloved books by George R. R. Martin. A Song of Ice and Fire is one of the greatest fantasy epics in written form and fans are eagerly awaiting the next book in the series: The Winds of Winter. But the books are long and Martin is a slow writer. It can be frustrating as a fan to have to wait, never knowing when the next book will be finished. And to make matters worse, Martin seems to deliberately make himself busier with other projects. The latest to the growing list: he’s doing a cameo on Game of Thrones.
Deadline reported that David Benioff, one of the creators of the TV series, spoke at the “Evening With Game of Thrones” event, saying Martin had filmed a cameo for the upcoming third season, but would not say what part Martin would be playing. It’s cool that Martin is making an appearance on the show – he made an attempt to do so in the pilot episode, but due to reshoots, his part was cut out – but when is he going to write his book? And let’s not forget Martin recently signed a two-year overall deal with HBO to develop new projects. I don’t understand why he would take this deal when he still has two books to write before Game of Thrones catches up to his written work. He still has a few years before that happens, but let’s not forget Martin isn’t getting any younger. We wouldn’t want another situation like the one that befell The Wheel of Time book series.
Maybe, and this is a big maybe, Martin is doing all this other stuff because he finished writing The Winds of Winter and it’s now with his editor. One can hope, right?
Martin teased the upcoming season – premiering March 31 – by saying there would be a few people who sit the Iron Throne before it’s all over. So far Robert and his son Joffrey have been kings of Westeros. Are we to believe Joffrey’s time on the throne will be coming to an end? Those well versed in the books know the answer, but the rest will just have to wait and see.