- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 5 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 8 months ago
Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!
Showrunners have promised more romance in the upcoming third season of Game of Thrones, which is coming to HBO on 3.31.13. Today’s truly awesome string of photos prove they weren’t foolin’. Which is the best pic of the batch? Well, I’m rather partial to Jon and Ygritte’s cozy embrace, but that’s just me!
We heartily applaud Entertainment Weekly for executing this fantastic spread of your favorite fantasy actors in character. Soak up what you can. Some hints may be given away in what you see. There was also a great cover shoot of Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke, also known as Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen. In those pictures, you’ll see a rare smile and even a laugh from the fan favorites, though they remain in costume.
Also pictured are the Stark boys together. Well, what I mean is, brothers, one legitimate, one not, and alone together wielding swords. The entire Stark brood hasn’t been all in one place for quite some time. I still like the family portrait of Robb Stark and Jon.
I think I failed to mention that the show’s Ygritte is brought to life by Rose Leslie, formerly of Downton Abbey.
In addition to more formal studio portraits EW also shared some nice stills from the set. In one shot, Jaime Lannister, acted by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Brienne of Tarth, acted by Gwendoline Christie are caught outside. Brienne’s sword is unsheathed. That’s not exactly a happy expression she’s wearing on her face either.
And, hey, if romance isn’t your favorite thing, I know you’ll still watch for all the action! The upcoming EW print cover, which is also graced by Kit and Emilia, promises the most thrilling season yet–as well as “shocking deaths, wild weddings, and on angry bear”. Yes, the bear in question was also featured in the teaser trailer we previously released, so go check it out.