- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 4 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Karl Urban Will Lead The J.J. Abrams – J.H. Wyman Robot Cop Fox Drama
Today’s headline has got me in full geek mode. Karl Urban, who was a minor lead in The Lord of the Rings trilogy and who plays Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy in the Star Trek films has just taken the starring role in the exciting action-drama pilot Fox is planning, which partners two cops, one human, one A.I.
This is the most exciting news yet for the untitled pilot to be delivered by J.J. Abrams and J.H. Wyman, whose previous collaboration was the series, Fringe. We announced it when we learned that Michael Ealy would rock the pilot as Dorian, a robot partner assigned to Karl Urban’s all too human character, John Kennex.
Also in the THR update was this delicious morsel. The working title for the pilot, which I really hope goes to a full series order, is “Human”. I like that a lot. It’s very simply, like Fringe or Tron. I told you I was feeling especially geeky today. It’s also a word that speak volumes, given that in the premise it is suggested that Dorian understands humanity better than his human partner does.
So why is Urban’s Kennex so cold? The respected police officer has reportedly “shut down emotionally” after surviving a terrible mission, of which nine fellow elite officers never came home from. Kennex sustained some sort of injury during the same action. I can’t wait to hear more about that.
If Human does go from pilot to series, it would become Urban’s first series-regular role on U.S. television. I chuckle because I still remember the Kiwi’s early work on Xena: Warrior Princess. I’ve been a fan for a long time!
Actress Lili Taylor will play Kennex and Dorian’s police captain. Minka Kelly, Mackenzie Crook and Michael Irby are also co-stars.
Wyman will write the script and executive produce. Warner Bros. Television and Bad Robot Productions mingle behind the scenes with Abrams, Bryan Burk, Kathy Lingg and Reid Shane as co-executive producers. Brad Anderson will direct and also co-executive produce the pilot.
On the big screen J.J. Abrams has also employed Urban once again as Bones in Star Trek: Into Darkness. He’ll also appeas in Riddick, sometime this September.