- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 1 month ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
Mandy Moore Exits ABC’s Pulling
Sometimes things just don’t work out. That was the case for the reported Mandy Moore series pilot, Pulling. The actress’s fans were on cloud nine when it was announced that she would have a part in the ABC single-camera comedy pilot. Don’t worry, it doesn’t sound like any lawyers need to get involved. As I said, you know when things just aren’t going to work organically, and that was the case for Moore and the makers of Pulling.
Deadline had the latest on the pilot, which, as we previously reported, was written by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky and directed by Jason Moore. The pilot still has a green light to go into production as far as we know.
Pulling tells the story of three “dysfunctional” women in their 30s who have decided to live the lives they want on their terms, no matter whether they fit in with society at large or not. Moore was cast to play Louise, an optimistic gwl who is crazy, desperate to find a husband.
Pulling is actually based upon a satisfying 2006 British series. That is a flower in it’s cap, for sure. Actress June Diane Raphael was announced as the lead.
Producers made this statement regarding Moore’s departure: “Mandy is a pro, and has been very patient and accommodating with us. As we moved closer to production, it was clear we needed to go in a different direction for the character, and Mandy agreed to do what was best for the show. She’s an immensely gifted actress and we hope to have the pleasure of working with her again.”
Who knows? We may see Moore and ABC re-team later on. “Many things change quickly as a pilot moves into production,” Moore said. “And in this case, Lee and Gene moved the character in a different direction, it was clear this wasn’t right for me. Rather than jeopardize the show, I asked to step aside. They and ABC were very accommodating, and wish them all the best in the fall. It’s a terrific show that worked so well in the UK, I hope it gets the audience it deserves here.” There you have it.
Moore voices the lead in Disney’s Tangled.