- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 5 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 8 months ago
Axe Cop Trailer Promises Nonsensical Fun and Zombies in Space
When the Internet first birthed Axe Cop, it was a humble webcomic written by then 5-year-old Malachai Nicolle and drawn by his 29-year-old brother Ethan. The comic exploded, bringing fame to both brothers, in part due to the unconventional method the strips are written. Pretty soon Axe Cop was getting offers from Dark Horse Comics for a limited print run and Fox showed interest in turning the webcomic into a TV series. We’ve seen the comics, so now we’re understandably more interested in seeing what an animated show looks like. WonderCon delivered the goods, giving us a stellar trailer for the upcoming series.
Airing in 15-minute episodes – similar to how Adult Swim does things – Axe Cop will be a part of Fox’s new “Animation Domination” programming block. Everything you need to know about Axe Cop is right here in this trailer, but just in case you can’t view it right this second I’ll give you a bit of a rundown. So, Axe Cop is a pretty self-explanatory character: he’s a cop who found an axe and now he fights bad guys with it. In the trailer we see him and his team fighting various baddies, including Hitler and his zombie island in space. I think from that description alone you can tell this series will be just a tad nonsensical. It’s like Adventure Time but much more violent and purposefully aimed at adults.
Axe Cop sports a great and talented voice cast, with Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) the perfect match for the badass, axe-wielding title character. Joining him are Ken Marino, Megan Mullally, Patton Oswalt and Giancarlo Esposito. I don’t think I would replace any of them. Axe Cop will premiere on Fox July 27 and you can bet I’ll be tuning in. There’s something delightfully nuts about this show that, like the comic it’s based on, I just can’t say no to.