- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 4 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4
There are 5 published novels in George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series, with 2 more forthcoming. Given the scope of his world, the sheer numbers of his characters and the very high ratings for HBO’s adaptation, it comes as no surprise that Game of Thrones has been renewed for a 4th season. Call in your direwolves and any three-eyed crows who happen about, it’s time for some champagne!
Were you waiting on pins and needles for 3.31.13? You wouldn’t be alone if you were. The season 3 premier aired on that, the final Sunday of March, and over 4 million viewers tuned in for the fresh installment of the sword and fantasy political drama, titled “Valar Dohaeris”. Buzz on the net suggests that the hour-long inaugural episode for season 3 also broke the online piracy record. Its a good thing we naughty viewers don’t live in Westeros. Such a thing might constitute a beheading.
As great all this attention is for HBO and for the cast and crew of the show, the big news of the hour is the official season 4 renewal. Deadline had the announcement. There is at least one special prize for fans coming in season 4. The next season, helmed by creator and executive producer by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss, will feature a cameo by Martin, the author responsible for the madness, who also acts as a co-executive producer on the set of the series.
The current 3rd season is based roughly on the first half of A Storm of Swords, book 3, but reports have suggested that fans of the books will be shocked and surprised by some of the things the show will feature. Changing or adding things to an adaptation can be a double edged sword, but I think we can agree that showrunners have been doing a fantastic job with the acclaimed fantasy series thus far. If they screw up now, we’ll send some wildings after them!