- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 3 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Amazon Picks Up Alphas House, Betas and More for Prime Instant
The experiment Amazon Studios used to decide which of its pilots to give series orders to – which consisted of making all 14 pilots available on Prime Instant Video on April 19 for viewers to watch and give feedback on – seems to have been a success as five of those pilots were picked up. Sometime this year, and early 2014, five original series will air on Prime Instant: comedies Alpha House and Betas, and children shows Annebots, Creative Galaxy and Tumbleaf. The choosing of these pilots was made in part on feedback from viewers, which would mean, in theory, these were the best Amazon had to offer.
But the experiment isn’t over. Deadline reported Amazon would continue to use this method in the future; feeling as though allowing the audience to have an impact on what shows would be picked up was a huge success. In a way, it’s genius. You’re casting a larger net this way than you would with test screenings. However, this idea is still young and we haven’t had time to see if there are any truly negative aspects to it.
Alphas House stars John Goodman as one of four misfit senators who become roommates, renting a house together in Washington D.C. Clark Johnson, Matt Malloy and Mark Consuelos also star.
Betas takes place in the world of Silicon Valley start-ups. Four friends attempt to make it big and rich with a new mobile social networking app. Ed Begley Jr, Jon Daly, Joe Dinicol, Charlie Saxton and Katan Soni star.
Creative Galaxy in an animated interactive art adventure series aimed at inspiring kids’ creative thinking through crafts, stories, music and dance. It comes from Blue’s Clues creator Angela Santomero.
Annebots is about a young scientist named Anne who created three robot helpers to assist in experiments in the back of her dad’s junkyard. It will introduce kids to science and technology in fun, new ways
Tumbleaf targets preschoolers and is set in a whimsical land. A small blue fox named Fig plays everyday and discovers adventure, friendship and love around every bend. The narratives will encourage play through exploration and scientific thinking.