- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 4 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Doctor Who Will Launch An 8th Season
The BBC knows a good thing when they see it. Case in point, the wildly popular sci-fi series, Doctor Who has been officially renewed to come on back for an exciting 8th season. This isn’t the only news wrapped up in the long running series’ bag of goodies either. Buzz has also reached a fever pitch regarding the 50th Anniversary Special.
The extravaganza celebrating 50 years of TARDIS is coming November 23rd to the BBC. It’s written by Steven Moffat and will feature Matt Smith, David Tennant, John Hurt, Jenna-Louise Coleman and Billie Piper among others. We reported on John Barrowman’s little 50th Anniversary Special snub just recently. Hey, things like that do happen. Lucky fans did catch Barrowman in a very cool Scandal guest appearance on ABC. He did a terrific job as a rival fixer to our lead, Olivia Pope. Obviously, showrunner Shonda Rimes is just as big a geek as the rest of us.
On a brighter note, fan favorites, the Cybermen are said to feature in the special, along with Zygons and Daleks.
As for the positive news about season 8, the announcement came Saturday.
Doctor Who executive producer Steven Moffat is “already plotting a brand new run of adventures for the Doctor.” Brian Minchin will join Moffat as co-executive producer.
Matt Smith, who has played the Doctor since 2010, and is the series 11th Doctor plans to return for season eight, firmly placing series 5, 6, 7, and 8 on his resume.
The penultimate episode of season 7 was hugely exciting. Titled “Nightmare in Silver,” it was written by the one and only Neil Gaiman and, yes, was full of Cybermen. The season finale, titled “The Name of the Doctor” aired May 18th.
As usual, that staple in the Doctor Who world, a Christmas special, is also planned for the end of this year.