- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 5 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 8 months ago
John Barrowman To Host Sing Your Face Off
At first blush, I’d definitely stand up high upon a soap box and tell the world that we really don’t need another reality singing competition. Isn’t viewership way down on the big ones anyway? What can anybody do to make vocal contests more interesting? Add John Barrowman? Say what!? Now you’ve got my attention Sing Your Face Off.
Is it April Fool’s Day? Sing Your Face Off can’t be a real series title. And yet, EW confirms that ABC has signed judges, cast and a host for the new competition series.
Before you ask me if Barrowman, star Torchwood and Arrow can sing, let me explain something, Barrowman has signed on to host the series. The guy is so talented that I wouldn’t be surprised if he could sing anyway.
He’s the other twist (if you consider Barrowman hosting an American reality show a twist). Like Dancing with the Stars, the new show pits five celebrity contestants against each other as each takes on the identity of an iconic music performer every week.
The judges are former Saturday Night Live cast member Darrell Hammond and pop singer Debbie Gibson. Sounds like a winning combination to me.
Sing Your Face Off has already chosen the show’s first contestants. Ex-Skid Row frontman and heavy metal singer Sebastian Bach, comedian Jon Lovitz, Toronto Raptors player Landry Fields, teenage Disney Channel actress and singer China Anne McClain and former soap star Lisa Rinna will all compete. Now I have to ask…can Jon Lovitz sing? I guess I’ll find out soon. I suppose singing isn’t the only important skill. If our contestants are impersonating an icon, some acting and costume will also come to play.
Barrowman is qualified to host in case you were wondering. He has hosted been presenter for man unscripted shows in the UK.
The six-episode Sing Your Face Off series is produced by Endemol USA with Georgie Hurford-Jones of America’s Got Talent.