Don't miss

Disney Says Good-Bye To Good Luck Charlie

Good luck charlie

It’s time to wish a good night, good luck, and good bye to popular Disney property, Good Luck Charlie. They say all good things must come to an end and though I don’t know who they are, they are right.

It has been a superb four season run for the hit, Good Luck Charlie. The series and its stars have 100 episodes to their credit as well as a hit TV movie. Going out on a high note is not bad at all.

The Disney Channel gave the official axe with Deadline reporting on the exclusive. Production on the series will very soon, but though the cast will go their separate ways, you fans out there still get to see the new and now quite final episodes when they roll out and run through early 2014.

Not a company that completely wastes a good thing, Disney will keep the series, run by Phil Baker, Drew Vaupen and Dan Staley, on the Disney Channel’s daily schedules around the world.

“On behalf of everyone at Disney Channel, it’s been our great pleasure to work with the extraordinary producers Phil Baker, Drew Vaupen and Dan Staley and the writers and crew of Good Luck Charlie,” a rep for the kids channel said. “We could not have dreamt of a better cast than Bridgit Mendler, Jason Dolley, Leigh-Allyn Baker, Bradley Steven Perry, Mia Talerico and Eric Allan Kramer (and even little Logan Moreau as Baby Toby!) and the many guest stars who make the series so special.”

The series helped to launch the musical career of Bridgit Mendler and hit a high note when it collected more than 25 million online votes as fans participated in its “name the baby poll.”

Good Luck Charlie, also enjoyed a high point when a second-season renewal was granted only three months into its freshman run back in the spring of 2010. The series averages about 3 million total viewers per episode and is also the #1 series in its time period among all kid demos.

About Sasha Nova

Sasha Nova is a fan of Marvel Comics, science fiction films and bright nail polish. A list of her published, short, speculative fiction stories can be discovered over at her blog: nikanors-inn.livejournal.com.

7 Comments

1. Donald E Watson Sr

June 16, 2013 at 11:02 am

I have learned to appreaciate each member of the Duncan family, Bob, Amy, PJ, Teddy, Gabe, Charlie and the new baby. You all seem as much a real-life family as people are in any family to me. We all dislike having meaningfull situations come to an end however, life goes on and should not be looked upon other than as a new beginning for all. I wish you all good luck in the future.

Donald, your friend always.

2. Mel

July 6, 2013 at 10:25 am

The humor in this show is one of the best and I like bridgit a lot. I feel sad for the ending of the series and how i wish that disney channel release the 3rd season here in the Philippines.

3. Albert

August 15, 2013 at 7:54 pm

This show was the best Disney had to offer. It had realistic, albeit comedic, situations. A superb cast and realistic regulars. Bridgette Mendler was great, the mom and dad were great, Gabe was awesome even though I would’ve slapped him silly for some of the stuff that came out of his mouth, but on him, it worked beautifully. Kudos to Disney for a great show. Sorry to see you leave.

4. Ada

September 17, 2013 at 9:33 am

Well this sucks! This is the only series with any sort of realism on Disney! I will miss the entire cast. The next door neighbor Mrs. Dabney and oh my goodness Ivy!Both Hilarious1 I am in tears. Great Chemistry will miss you all! Thanks for the great writing and thank you Disney for allowing this type of REAL LiFE Humor my family and I connected with!Kudos!!

5. Maigan

September 30, 2013 at 1:37 am

I’m so upset that Good Luck Charlie is ending! It’s that last good Disney show! No offense to any of the others, but they’re started to get on the stupid side lately…. Just saying…. I’m definitely going to miss this show. It was really fun to watch PJ, Teddy, Gabe, and Charlie grow up. But like they said, everything has to come to as end.

6. jj

May 4, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I am so sad that good luck Charlie is come to and end because it was one of my favorite disney Tv show I use to watched it all the time the mom and are very funny . Charlie is very smart and also teddy, pj and gabe I really enjoy watching Good luck Charlie.

7. Katy

May 4, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I miss the Duncan family because they are funny it always makes me laugh when I am watching it and I like when teddy and Spencer kiss and when gabe was dating Mrs dabbney grand-daughter and I like watching Good luck Charlie.