- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 1 month ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
Loretta Devine, Peggy Lipton Ready For Psych
Psych has plans to make season 8 great and that means adding great guest stars, in addition to continuing the relationships on the series that we already love. The latest stars to confirm their visits to the USA network’s longest-running original series are Loretta Devine and Peggy Lipton. Isn’t that divine?
The divine Devine has a great gig on Lifetime’s The Client List, but when she visits Psych for the next all new season, she will “foxy” lady, Melba Birdson. Birdson is a real songbird and she’ll pop up in episode 5 of season 8. She’s a former back-up singer for a 1960s performer, Myles Valour Jr. When Lassie, acted by Timothy Omundson connects with Birdson, its to examine an angel on an old cold case from 1967. Birdson is still hard at work singing, too.
Peggy Lipton will play Scarlet Jones in the same episode, reported THR. Around the time of the cold case, Jones was the girlfriend of notorious mob boss Rodney Caruso. When Lassie gets to digging, he discovers that Scarlett Jones would know all about Archie’s supper club, where Myles and Birdson used to perform regularly. It was quite an era and at the club, cops and criminals often rubbed elbows to the music.
Devine earned an Emmy in 2011 for her work on Grey’s Anatomy. She’s had stints on Eli Stone and Boston Public.
In addition to the exciting news of Cary Elwes’ return, Kristy Swanson is also expected to come back in season 8. Season 7 finished up in May and a special musical episode is planned for late this year. The most recent news still suggests that season 8 will be 8 episodes long.
James Roday, Dulé Hill, Maggie Lawson, Kirsten Nelson and Corbin Bernsen also star.