- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
Sam & Cat Stages Laverne & Shirley Reunion
The average fan of Nickelodeon’s Sam & Cat is probably too young to know who Laverne & Shirley are, but that’s about to change. The highly popular ABC sitcom of the late ’70s and early 80′s is having a little reunion thanks to the kids show.
Nickelodeon announced this week that Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams would be happy guest stars in an episode of Sam & Cat, its teen sitcom that premiered June 8, 2013 and is a crossover spin-off of both iCarly and Victorious.
In Sam & Cat, Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande play the titular friends who start a baby-sitting business. It also stars Cameron Ocasio and Maree Cheatham.
Though Laverne & Shirley ran for 8 seasons, until the year 1983, Marshall and Williams portrayed roommates of the ’50s and ’60s era. Their characters Laverne DeFazio and Shirley Feeney worked in a Milwaukee brewery.
Penny Marshall has gone one to become a successful television producer, film producer, and television director. Films she has directed include Big, A League of Their Own, Renaissance Man, The Preacher’s Wife and Riding in Cars with Boys. Lately she’s been spotted on the set of Portlandia.
Laverne’s Shirley, actress Cindy Williams, also starred in American Graffiti in the ’70s.
According to the Boston Herald, Nickelodeon will begin filming the historic guest appearance of Marshall and Williams this week. Let’s talk about their new characters! Laverne & Shirley will actually play two women stuck in a “decades-old feud.”
Sam & Cat creator Dan Schneider call the opportunity to work with the women a great honor, calling them TV’s “funniest female roommates” ever.
Another business veteran Garry Marshall helped create Laverne & Shirley.