- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 3 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Del Toro’s The Strain Books A Goth
Which new pilot features the work of horror master Guillermo del Toro? That would be FX’s drama pilot, The Strain, in development now. We’ve been following this exciting and chilling adaptation as it all comes together, and today we can add a new actor to the mix. Young New York theater actor Jack Kesy will have a series regular role in The Strain if FX opts to give the pilot a full series order. My fingers are crossed.
Kesy had a role in the September 11 drama 8:46, as well, and has been spotted on the set of Magic City. He has booked quite the colorful part for the upcoming paranormal pilot. He will bring to life Gabriel Bolivar who, Deadline likened to Iggy Pop. He is “brooding”, “charismatic” and “corrupted” by his amazing looks and his fame. Often seen in Goth makeup, Bolivar has seen considerable success as a international rock superstar. To say he suffers vices would be an understatement. He can’t seem to get enough of “recreational sex and pharmaceuticals”.
How will Bolivar figure into the plot I wonder.
The Strain comes from the minds of Guillermo del Toro and Carlton Cuse. It is directed and co-written by del Toro and based upon the novels he co-wrote with Chuck Hogan.
Described as a high-concept thriller, The Strain tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, to be acted by Corey Stoll. As the head of the Center for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City, it falls on he and his team “to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism”. Nicknamed Eph, he and his team will ultimately be all that stands between The Strain and the death of us all.
Yesterday we were able to add film legend John Hurt to the mix as well. The Strain re-teams the actor with Del Toro. Speaking of vampires, the lovely Mia Maestro, who acted as a vampire for Stephenie Meyer’s Breaking Dawn adaptation, has signed on to be Stoll’s leading lady.