- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 3 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Ellie Kemper is Unfortunate to Join How I Met Your Mother’s Final Season
With The Office now behind her, Ellie Kemper is back out in the world, lending her considerable comedic talents to other sitcoms. This fall, she’ll be making a stop for How I Met Your Mother’s final season, joining in on the wedding festivities of Barney and Robin, but she won’t be having a good time. Why? That’s the big mystery surrounding her character and I aim to get to the bottom of it, even if it kills me. Full disclosure: it won’t kill me, not unless my computer gains sentience and a sudden hatred for meatbag humans such as myself.
What we know about Kemper’s character is limited: her name is Cassie and she will be “one of the most attractive, available, and – as Ted discovers – unfortunate guests at Barney and Robin’s wedding,” so says co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas. TVLine reported Kemper is only set to be in one episode at this point, but as this season takes place during a single weekend, it’s completely possible we might see her again before the end. But what makes her such an unfortunate guest? And why is Ted the one who ends up seeing how awful a time she’s having?
The first thing that comes to mind is she’s just having an incredible streak of bad luck. Things just keep happening to her, things that are out of her control that are putting a huge dampener on her weekend. Ted could just feel sorry for her and try to turn her luck around. But the more wild side of my mind wants to believe this Cassie is upset about the wedding. She must be there because she somehow knows either Barney or Robin and my guess it would be Robin – does Barney even know anyone outside his friends, his mom, brother, and his father’s family?
So if Cassie does know Robin, maybe she’s in love with her. It’s not that crazy of an idea, right? Then it would make sense why Ted discovers how unfortunate she is because he’s feeling the same thing. They’re both watching the love of their life marry someone else.