- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 5 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 8 months ago
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Adds Ian Hart as Yet Another Secret Character
There isn’t a single new series I’m looking forward to this fall more than Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I see it as an even bigger success to get to this point than it was for The Avengers to unite the super heroes of four different films. S.H.I.E.L.D. is able to continuously explore this universe that’s been created in weekly instalments, which is preferred to a movie every six months. I want this series so bad that I’m practically losing my mind over not being able to watch it for over a month. And it doesn’t help we know next to nothing about it – curse your brilliant sense of secrecy, Joss Whedon! They won’t even tell us anything about whom someone like Ian Hart will be playing!
Hart is joining S.H.I.E.L.D. in a recurring capacity, but the character he’s going to be playing is completely left out of the announcement. We don’t even get a name, which is fair, in a way. Since this a comic book property, even a simple name could spoil a character’s potential arc. All you’d have to do is look him or her up on Wikipedia and see what their comic book counterpart got up to. Or this is just secrecy for the sake of secrecy. On the plus side, EW made mention of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s unwritten rule to make all super powers explainable through science. I don’t think that was mentioned lightly. Hart is likely playing someone key to explaining how various characters come by their powers.
It would be nice to have a little more information, but not knowing anything just makes me want to see this series more. I’ll be eagerly counting down the days leading up the premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 24. It seems so far away, but time has a way of slipping between your fingers. I can only hope time zips past fast enough that I don’t lose all sense of sanity.