- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 4 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
True Blood Bumps Adina Porter To Series Regular For Final Season
There’s nothing like busting your butt off for six years and getting a well deserved promotion just as your place of employment is going out of business. You don’t hear about that kind of thing all that often when it comes to television, but it’s been known to have its equivalents. Take Adina Porter for example: she’s been recurring on True Blood since the vampire drama’s first season and has just been promoted to a series regular. The bad news that goes along with the good is that Season 7 was already announced to be True Blood’s final season. If I were Porter, I’d be saying too little too late and finding work that’ll take better care of me.
According to Deadline, Porter will continue portraying Lettie Mae Thornton throughout Season 7 as a series regular. Whether this means she’ll have increased screen time is something we’ll have to wait to see. It’s often that a series will make a particular cast member a regular to ensure they can have them when they need them. This means Porter may not even appear all that often, but she’s contractually obligated to be there when they call. You see these kinds of castings all the time; How I Met Your Mother recently did the same thing with Cristin Milioti. She’s only been in two episodes out seven this season, yet she’s a regular.
As Tara’s mother, one can only assume Lettie will continue the storyline started in Season 6, which is reconciliation with her daughter. She’s already let Tara drink from her, so that’s a pretty good start, right? Since True Blood needs her around for the season, I think it’s safe to say she’ll play a sizeable role, even if it’s only for a few episodes. And since this is the last season, it’s time to start wondering who’s going to survive the show. Does Lettie have what it takes to make it out of the final season alive?