- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 51 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 58 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 61 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 64 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 73 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 82 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 101 days ago
Criminal Complex Interview: Tom Pluck Will See You In Hell, Evildoers
Thomas “Tommy Salami” Pluck hit the hardboiled fiction scene online like a Tasmanian Devil a couple of years back, taking a bite out of every venue in reach. I knew him best for his hysterical productivity and...
- Posted 206 days ago
NOIR AT THE BAR L.A. – An International Incident
Dateline: Los Angeles, city of eternal night. Though the original home of Noir at the Bar, the reading event where crime-fiction’s most talented drunkards gather, will always be St. Louis, MO, the franchise has grown and reached...
- Posted 214 days ago
Here Comes The Hammer – Warner Brothers & The Mickey Spillane Series
I’m trying to figure out whether it is a sad statement about me, my reading habits, or the times in which I was raised, that the mention of Mickey Spillane’s Mike Hammer series only harkens me back...
- Posted 217 days ago
Forget It, Eddie, It’s Toontown – The Crime Fiction Roots Of Roger Rabbit
My friend’s dad took us to see Willow one sunny summer’s day in 1988. It was a good movie and all, but honestly I was extremely distracted throughout the whole thing. All I could think about was...
- Posted 235 days ago
Boozed Up And Beaten Down: Noir, Realism, And Alcohol
Booze and crime goes hand in hand like booze and being hugely attractive and winning in life. I am drinking while writing this, because something something simpatico and shit. After speaking with my editor about the topic...
- Posted 241 days ago
The Covers of Hard Case Crime
Looking over two of the most recent book covers from Hard Case Crime (HCC) you can’t help but see a pattern. The Comedy Is Finished by Donald E. Westlake has a gorgeous painted cover from Gregory Manchess,...
- Posted 250 days ago
R.J. Ellory, Award-Winning Sock-Puppeteer, and the History of Black Hat Reviewing
Take an inside line from a pro marketer: All marketing is a scam. That isn’t to say there’s no truth in advertising. Objective facts have their place. But to some extent, you’ve got to lay on the...
- Posted 261 days ago
Pizza Bomber Mythology and True Crime Film
To paraphrase the great Michael Keaton, “You want to get nuts, Crime Heads? Let’s get nuts.” By which I mean, of course, let’s talk true crime. Now you may be thinking, “How is non-fiction nuttier than the...
- Posted 268 days ago
DARE ME – Megan Abbott Dares You To Read Her New Novel
Megan Abbott is widely considered one of the best active writers, and there’s good reason for that: she is. Having written a string of instant noir classics including The Song Is You and Queenpin, she should be...
- Posted 297 days ago
Books Punch Your Face – The Criminal Complex Midsummer Reading List
Eight noir novels to help fill your endless summer with a sense of overwhelming dread and paranoia. Okay, so I’m the professor who wakes up three weeks before the end of the semester and hits everybody over...
- Posted 306 days ago